A Gift Worthy of Sharing
March 23, 2015
By P.R. “Randy” Cooney
Publisher of the Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business
A few months ago Tricia Lehane, who is the current President of the Arizona’s Women Council of REALTORS®, dropped by my office and delivered a few gifts of gratitude which included some chocolate, a bottle of wine and a reflective reading. Although I certainly enjoyed the chocolate and still looking forward to drinking the wine, the reading entitled “21 Suggestions for Success” was the most impactful gift. After reading each line, I thought these suggestions for success were too good to keep to myself. So below I share the reading with you hoping you will read it, find it impactful, take it to heart and then too, share it with others.
21 SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine much of you happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of you time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll likely regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your Mom proud.
By H. Jackson Brown, Jr