On campus ink fingerprinting options
Scottsdale: Every Monday from 10:30am-1:00pm
Glendale: Every Tuesday from 11:00am-1:00pm
Bring $20 Cash or check and your ID
Please submit your fingerprint cards along with the non-IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card Application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety. You may obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card Application by requesting one from the Dept or Public Safety at 602-223-2279. Or you may print one from the AZDPS Fingerprint Clearance Card website at https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint.
Complete the application thoroughly and accurately. Use Black or Blue Ink. Your application packet to the Arizona Department of Public Safety must include the following:
- DPS Application (white copy ONLY) for fingerprint clearance card form
- Fingerprint card
- Fingerprint clearance card fee of $67. Only cashier’s checks, money orders or a check drawn on a business account made payable to the AZ Department of Public Safety will be accepted.
Place the application packet in a large envelope with sufficient postage and a return address. Do not fold, bend or damage the fingerprint card. Mail the completed application packet to:
Arizona Department of Public Safety
PO BOX 18390
Phoenix, AZ 85005-8390
You can then check the status of your fingerprint card online click here, or call the Fingerprint Clearance Card Team at AZDPS at 602-223-2279.
For mailed applications, the turnaround time for your fingerprint clearance card is currently 10 days, but vary depending on daily mail, volume of applications and transport times. We recommend you immediately start the process once you enroll in our license courses. You can check the status of your application by calling 602-223-2279.
Fingerprint cards can be used for employment and licensing for a number of industries including, but not limited to, Appraisal, Real Estate, Adoption, Health Care, and Child Care. For real estate, prior to submitting your application to the Arizona Department of Real Estate you will need to have completed and received the Fingerprint Clearance Card.
If you already have an Arizona fingerprint clearance card that was issued within the last 6 years you do not need to obtain a new card, however you must call DPS at 602-223-2279 and have the ARS CODE 32-2108.01 added to the current card you possess.
Example of a Fingerprint Clearance Card:
Other Important Information
- You DO NOT need a fingerprint clearance card to begin classes!
- All new applicants seeking an original license (including but not limited to real estate salesperson and/or broker) from the Arizona Department of Real Estate must provide an Arizona fingerprint clearance card at the time of license application.
- Fingerprint clearance cards are valid for six years
- Fingerprint Clearance precluding offenses may be found by visiting the state website and view A.R.S. 41-1758.03
- Fingerprint Clearance Card denials may be appealed through the fingerprint clearance appeal board.