2018 Journal Industry Awards: Event Recap
June 8, 2018
The 4th Annual Journal Industry Awards Ceremony Honors Professionals in the Real Estate Industry
On Friday, March 11, the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business held its 4th Annual Journal Industry Awards ceremony at the McCormick Ranch Golf Club in the heart of Scottsdale, Ariz. This event is designed to recognize and honor the hardworking professionals in the real estate, mortgage, title, home inspection, and appraisal industries in the Arizona market. After receiving hundreds of nomination submissions from industry colleagues, we narrowed our final list of nominees down to 56 individuals and teams for this year’s 12 award categories. Nominated parties were to exemplify leadership, industry involvement, and community commitment, in addition to eliciting excellent client feedback.
This year’s Journal Industry Awards ceremony was attended by nearly 200 industry professionals, ranging from real estate agents and brokers to title representatives and mortgage loan originators. The event kicked off at 6 p.m. in the club’s beautiful West Lawn Pavilion, overlooking the golf course and nearby mountain ranges. The first hour of the ceremony provided guests with the opportunity to network with colleagues while enjoying hors d’oeuvres, an open bar, and a live jazz band. At 7 p.m., the ceremony officially started with opening remarks from Nate Hoelzen, president of the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business. After the welcome, category nominees and winners were announced. Each award recipient was invited to join Scottsdale Site Director Whitney Davis on stage to accept their award and to share any comments and thank you messages with the crowd. The complete list of 2018 Journal Industry Award winners is as follows:
- 2018 Escrow Officer of the Year: Katie Smith
- 2018 Residential Appraiser of the Year: Lonnie Heward
- 2018 Residential Home Inspector of the Year: Sharon and Paul Furman
- 2018 Mortgage Broker of the Year: Brian Yampolsky
- 2018 Mortgage Loan Originator of the Year: Bob Wasieko
- 2018 Commercial Real Estate Broker of the Year: Craig Coppola
- 2018 Residential Real Estate Agent of the Year: Michael Fabbro
- 2018 Residential Real Estate Broker of the Year: Sarah Kirsch Richardson
- 2018 Residential Real Estate Property Manager of the Year: Jessie Collier
- 2018 Residential Real Estate Rookie of the Year: Lauren Ballard
- 2018 Title Representative of the Year: Vanessa Krystek
- 2018 Residential Real Estate Team of the Year: Sibbach Team
The event concluded with a closing message from Nate Hoelzen. Guests were invited to stay and celebrate this year’s winners, partake in the photo booth station, and enjoy items from the dessert table. Copies of the most recent issue of Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business were available for guests to take with them upon exit.
The Arizona School of Real Estate & Business has proudly provided quality education for thousands of professionals in the Arizona community for nearly 50 years. The Journal Industry Awards ceremony is an extension of its commitment to unite and support one of the best industries in the nation.