HOW REAL ESTATE’S TOP AGENTS ARE SMASHING IT ON LINKEDIN (5 THINGS YOU NEED TO SET UP A GREAT PROFILE)
Technology/ Social Media
October 1, 2018
Host & Presenter, Top Agents Playbook, Partner at Bestagents, Jigglar & LockedOn
Chances are some time today, a property seller in your area will search online for a real estate agent. Here’s how to be included in their results.
If your name and contact information come up on page one of a Google search for real estate agents in your area, then congratulations! You’ve cracked the code, now all you need to do is stay there… but I’m going assume you’re not on page one, or even page two.
I’m also going to assume you compete with dozens, hundreds or perhaps even thousands of other agents all pitching to get that precious call from a property owner looking to sell.
So if you and your contact information are invisible and you’re not coming up in an online search, you’re missing out.
So how would you like to implement a plan to get on page one?
And what if I told you that all it will cost you is some time and regular maintenance… say an hour or two a week.
I’m talking about a profile on the leading business social network, LinkedIn.
And if you haven’t heard of LinkedIn, it’s the company Microsoft paid more than $26 billion for in 2016.
Because LinkedIn is a heavy hitter in the online world, Google’s algorithm sees it as a go-to listing in their search rank, which means if you have a profile on LinkedIn, you’re riding on their Search Engine optimization coat tails to rank better than almost any other platform.
And by the way, did I mention it’s free?
If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, or even if you do and you want to make sure you’re set up to get the best results, here are a few suggestions and ideas.
Why does LinkedIn work when it comes to online search?
Long story short, LinkedIn is a beast. Think of it as the Facebook for business. It’s the preferred online platform for professionals in any area to connect and get noticed.
If your pockets are deep enough, you can start blowing cash on expensive SEO (Search Engine Optimization) marketing but ranking above big players like LinkedIn is almost impossible.
A LinkedIn profile will help you rank in search and get you noticed. Here are 5 MUST HAVES to get maximum results from your LinkedIn profile
- Use a great photo of YOU. Make sure it’s current and clear. Make sure you’re smiling and look approachable. Remember, whether you like it or not, people will be making an instant decision about you based on your personal marketing image. If you’re thinking you should get a professional photo taken… it’s a sign. Do it!
- Clearly articulate what it is you do and say it on on your headline graphic and in your bio. Tightly focus in on what you actually do. For example; I’m a 10-year real estate professional that helps people buy and sell homes in Phoenix, AZ. If you specialize then let people know, as it will help them identify the niche they’re looking for.
- Get a great looking background image. There are a number of sites that will let you download images. I like unsplash.com. Once you have your image you can create an awesome banner with a free account at Jigglar.com.
- Regularly post articles, videos, and links to your profile. Use relevant information and include key words to help Google find you. For example’ if you specialize in selling condos in Miami, populate your article and video tags and titles with key phrases like ‘selling your condo in Miami’ or ‘Miami condos’.
- Help people find you with relevant links. If you really want to make this work, why not help them connect with you on your Facebook page. You’ll find some great template artwork to customize for Facebook at Jigglar.com as well.
Ray Wood is a real estate marketing expert, podcaster, best selling author and co-founder at 2 real estate start-ups. Connect with Ray at TopAgentsPlaybook.com