About Learn Mortgage
How to Get Your Mortgage Loan Originator License in Arizona
- Complete Registration Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS).
- Obtain a Unique Identifier.
- Complete 20 hours of Pre-licensing Education.
- Pass National Examinations.
- Complete Criminal Background Check.
- Complete Credit Report Through NMLS.
- Apply for MLO License.
- All states require a minimum of 20 hours of pre-licensing education and 8 hours of continuing education annually
- Some states require addition hours of state specific pre-licensing education. View specific state requirements.
- Arizona licensees are required to complete 4 hours of state specific pre-licensing education which is included in the full 20 hour program.
- In order to do business anywhere, you must pass a 125 question National Mortgage Loan Originator SAFE Act exam. Only 115 questions are scored. You are given 190 minutes to complete the exam. Your full appointment length is 224 minutes.
- National exam fee: $110.
- 75% or better is required to pass
- Failure to pass the exam requires you to wait 30 days and pay again to re-take the exam. After 3 failed attempts a 6 month waiting period is required to re-take the exam.
- Click here to download “3 Easy Steps to Create a SAFE MLO Test Enrollment and Schedule an Appointment”.
To see full licensing requirements CLICK HERE.
About Learn Mortgage | NMLS Provider ID 1400214
We have partnered with Learn Mortgage (NMLS Provider ID 1400214) to offer self-paced online and instructor-led Webinar courses.
Complete the entire program in as little as 2.5 consecutive days in our virtual classroom via Webinar, or up to 14 days with the self-paced online format.
Our mortgage loan originator education arms you with in-depth knowledge of current standards, quality customer service methods, and ethical business practices.
More about Learn Mortgage
Learn Mortgage is a leading mortgage education company that is committed to providing students and mortgage companies with simple and comprehensive solutions to help new and existing mortgage loan originators complete their education requirements. Learn Mortgage offers a full, national catalog of high-quality, online, webinar, and live courses in both pre-licensing and continuing education. Paired with the industry’s premier exam prep solutions, they give you everything you need to pass your licensing exams – the first time. Whether you’re getting licensed for the first time or looking to get licensed in a new state, Learn Mortgage is your one-stop provider for all your required education needs.
Arizona 20-Hour 7 or 12 Day Package (Self-paced Instructor-led Online course)
The course is flexible and convenient, allowing you to move easily through the lessons, activities and practice exams. You’ll also have easy access to your instructor and other students through discussion forums and other activities. Your instructor will help make sure you keep on track to complete your course. Each course has a specific start and end date and required activities, including exams, that you must complete in order to receive course credit. You MUST start the course on the start date and finish on the last day.
Note that exams are unlocked throughout the term of the course to assist in pacing your instruction and ensuring that you remain active throughout the entire session. Downloadable versions of reading assignments for offline reading and reference are provided.
IMPORTANT: Students enrolled in pre-licensing courses must actively participate in the course throughout the entire session, meaning that you will not be able to finish before the scheduled end date. Course completions will be submitted to the NMLS within seven days after the course end date. Your fees to NMLS for credit banking are included in your tuition.
20 Hr AZ SAFE Comprehensive: Mortgage Loan Originator Pre-licensing Webinar (LIVE Instructor-led course)
This live and interactive 20 hour webinar covers topics required by the State of Arizona and the SAFE Act: Federal lending legislation (3 hrs), ethics (3 hrs), and nontraditional mortgage products (2 hrs). Also included are 8 hours of elective topics to provide a broad understanding of key concepts.
Throughout the three days you’ll view the instructor in real time as they present to you and your fellow classmates with the assistance of a course facilitator. Along the way they’ll have engaging group Q & A’s and discussions, in addition you’ll be required to check in via our chat feature throughout the course to make sure you’re receiving all of the mandated content. In order to assist with your federal exam preparation, you will have the ability to download material that your instructor has covered throughout the course. Upon enrollment you’ll be sent your necessary login credentials within 24 hours.
Day 1: 8 AM – 5 PM MST
Day 2: 8 AM – 5 PM MST
Day 3: 8 AM – 12 PM MST
Already signed up and need to access your courses? Click here to go to Learn Mortgage and sign in to your student account.