How to Get Your Mortgage Loan Originator License in Arizona
- Complete Registration Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS).
- Obtain a Unique Identifier.
- Complete 20 hours of Pre-licensing Education.
- Pass National Examinations.
- Complete Criminal Background Check.
- Complete Credit Report Through NMLS.
- Apply for MLO License.
- All states require a minimum of 20 hours of pre-licensing education and 8 hours of continuing education annually
- Some states require addition hours of state specific pre-licensing education. View specific state requirements.
- Arizona licensees are required to complete 4 hours of state specific pre-licensing education which is included in the full 20 hour program.
- In order to do business anywhere, you must pass a 125 question National Mortgage Loan Originator SAFE Act exam. Only 115 questions are scored. You are given 190 minutes to complete the exam. Your full appointment length is 224 minutes.
- National exam fee: $110.
- 75% or better is required to pass
- Failure to pass the exam requires you to wait 30 days and pay again to re-take the exam. After 3 failed attempts a 6 month waiting period is required to re-take the exam.
- Click here to download “3 Easy Steps to Create a SAFE MLO Test Enrollment and Schedule an Appointment”.
To see full licensing requirements CLICK HERE.